Candid, not Candied

Monday 6 August 2012

Day 6 :: And what they said...

As soon as I lay my eyes on the tattoo, I was welling up with emotions. I was feeling honoured, although I did realise that he must have had to go through a lot of pain for that. I wasn't really thrilled with the thought.

Like I said, with that "I don't care what others think about it." dialogue, I knew that he must have gotten a tattoo. (And there were other clues too, like one day over video chat, he said he was feeling cold and wore a long sleeved shirt. And he is not the one who feels cold so easily!) He wanted to do it long back; even before we got married. I had told him not to. I have heard that it is way too painful,. And let's just face it, there isn't a dearth of people who would have thought I made him do it.

And neither was I expecting it to be this large. It was fairly new and hence the skin was a bit raw and swollen. You can imagine the melange of feel-good and feel-bad emotions that I was experiencing!

That episode elicits a wide range of reactions from people.

Reaction by 

Mom-in-law : She just smiled.

Sister-in-law : WOW, Brother!

Father-in-law : Love birds. Do what you please, you both!

Hubby's aunt : (jaw dropping) Did it pain? Why did you do this?
 - Hubby's reply : Because I love her!

Hubby's maami :Oh! You shouldn't have!
 -Hubby's reply : Oh! But I wanted to!

My mom : Is that permanent?

My dad : (Raises eyebrows with a smile)

V : !!!!!!!

N : (Playfully looks daggers at V)

My younger cousin brothers : Awesome, bhavaji!!! Even I wanted to do, but mom doesn't let me!
 -Hubby's reply : Earn and do it with your own money. No one will say anything.

Our Friend, T :Yaar, tune toh hadd kardi. You shouldn't do such things. It gets the rest of us in trouble with our wives!!!

:) :) :)

The next day was my baby shower, where my Parents-in-law had arranged for a Pooja (Sheemantha) and about a hundred people where invited. No points for guessing, I was NOT the centre of attraction!

And then there are some more reactions, each qualifying for a separate post for themselves. Wait for them.

;)

6 comments:

  1. Lol...did i ?? i always wanted one..been nagging him to let me. lol...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come here! I want one too! Maybe we get a group discount?

      Delete
  2. really a person needs courage to do such a thing.. first is the pain to go through and second is 'we always think what ppl will say'.. hats off to your husband.. wonderful gift for a wonderful person..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mt nephew got a baby girl a few months back. Her name is Mishka. When she was a month old he had her name tattooed on his wrist and also on his shoulder blade. Wife was amused. When I asked him why? he said," She is mine and nothing in this world can change that ever! So i dont have to worry about the painful removal process"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sujata! That's my husband's plan too. He wants to tattoo Aa's name too!!!

      Delete

Go on, say it! I will not sue you... pinky promise!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails