Candid, not Candied

Friday 9 July 2010

FAQs answered!

Ahem! Everyone was worried about me having to make this excruciatingly long journey to the US of A all alone in this big, bad world. Some bit their nails, some told me I was a brave girl and could certainly make it alone, some gaped at me in awe... all were promptly giving me advices, good, bad, nasty ones even. I appreciate that. I really do. I was made to promise that I'll email them the details of the trip and that I'm FINE.

I am obliged to answer to the same questions over and again, over chats, emails, FB comments, phones and everywhere else that I'm accessible. So I thought of answering to these FAQs on my blog to provide answers collectively rather than deal with them one by one, person by person. So here goes...

1. You reached?

a. Yes, I did.

2. The flight was on time?

a. Yes, it was. There was a delay in Mumbai, but the smart pilot made it here in time.

3. Good journey/ Nice flight?

a. Ok-ok, so-so. It was Air India and thus, airhostesses were to be strictly addressed as "aunties". They were rude and least bothered about providing assistance to the passengers. Moreover, they are crassly underpaid.

4. What did you do in Frankfurt?

a. It took almost an hour to alight from the flight in to the waiting area. Then I was reading my book "The White Tiger" and then coincidently, my ex-boss was on the same flight. So I was talking to him.

5. Saw movies?

a. Only one. Ajab prem ki gajab kahaani. I usually do not make use of the in flight entertainment.

6. Slept well?

a. Hardly for 2 hours... again which was being continually disturbed by one bratty 7 yr old kid. (I don't even sleep while travelling.)

7. How was immigration?

a. Good.

8. So, jet lagged?

a. The day I came, yes. Now, ok. Trying to fit in.

9. Did Kiran come to pick you? 

a. D-U-H! Of course!

10. Was Kiran happy to see you?

a. Yes!

11. Were you happy to see him?

a. I was happy and relieved. (well, what do you expect???)

12. Were you tired?

a. After the 1 hr check-in/ immigration at CSIA, Mumbai, 2.5 hr wait for the boarding, 8 hr flight to Frankfurt, 2 hr wait at Frankfurt, 9.5 hr journey from there to Chicago O'hare and 20 minutes ride back home, I'll say I was a perfect definition for 'tiredness'.

13. What time was it when you reached?

a. It was 6th July, 11:15 AM... that's 6th July 9:45 PM in India.

14. Did you talk to your parents?

a. The day I reached, I managed to say I'm ok. And spoke to them yesterday too.

15. How's your house?

a. Pretty cozy place. I'm loving every bit of it.

16. Done unpacking?

a. No.

17. Any Indians nearby?

a. Yes, one Punjabi family are our neighbours. Ran into them yesterday.

18. Do you like it there?

a. Yes, I do.

19. Did Kiran cook for you?

a. Yes. There was lunch ready for me when I was home.

20. Photos kab bhej rahi hai?

a. As soon as I'm done with setting the house.

Please add on any more questions that you have, will answer them sincerely.

*Offer valid till patience lasts*

9 comments:

  1. erm.. why does ur blog date say july 10? change time there! :D
    acc to ur blog, my b'days over... and it sure isn't! :D

    call me when u plan a trip down to boston... k? number mail karte! :)

    and really... air india aunties are NOT underpaid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rayshma,

    M Bharatiya at heart... anywhere at this jagachya pathivar, I shall be bharatiya... Proud to be Indian, you see! (hehe... hw and where do I change the time???)

    yes, please. tuzha number pathav..will u send ours as well as soon as we have a nice one.

    and WHY do the aunties behave soo harassed if they are not underpaid? Know what? While distributing the disembarkation form, the passenger sitting behind me did not get the "which passport do you hold?" question... when asked to come again this 50 + aunty made sucha disgusted face and said "passport, passport, I'm asking you which country passport you have???" I wasn't sure whether to laugh at her or throw her off board!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Air India with the so called "aunties" was once upon a time, the best in the country ... when it was run by Mr J R D Tata..... and then the Govt took over.......
    Incidentally my wife is making a flight next week on the same path.
    Bombay-Frankfurt-Newark.
    So I know what she can expect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What hapened to stork aka crane? (Sheepish smile on such a goof up)

    ReplyDelete
  5. settle down ans post pics of UMRICKA soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Haddock,

    That's exactly the same conversation I had with one of the fellow passenger. :) I guess the those are the same air hostesses who were employed way back in the 60s.

    @ THL,

    LOL! I guess I should start giving disclaimers for every post of mine?

    @ Sujata,

    yes yes, now that I've joined the league of parasitical NRIs, I shall soon post some snaps of UMRICKA. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good!! Enjoy yourself now.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. :)... m enjoying every bit of my life here, Varsha. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will be looking forward to your Umrika posts. And I'll be taking a similar route shortly, though unlike you, it will be only for a couple of weeks. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, say it! I will not sue you... pinky promise!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails