Candid, not Candied

Friday 17 April 2009

Drainex tag

I call this a Drainex tag since I sincerely hope it flushes out my blogger's block which I'm currently facing. Tejaswini had tagged me this in February :P and I, shamelessly, recalled it today and put my fingers to work, pronto! Movie trashin-bashin', wham-bam commenting freaks that we are-she decides to tag me and I decide to procrastinate, until today. So here goes.

1- Which was the movie that you had waited for with anticipation and turned out to be an utter dud?

A. That every movie I go to the theatres to watch, they are always "waited with anticipation"... and the winner here bees :: Krrish - as a sequeal to KMG, I thought it would be a good watch, as it turned out to be a childish nightmare. And recently, Delhi-6

2- Which was the one most ridiculously stupid movie you watched in a theatre and then thought that you might as well have thrown that money in a well for all it was worth?

A. Try your luck and guess! Hints :: SRK "double"-handedly screws up scene after scene with I-just-know-one-stoic-expression heroine(!!!), who is also so daft that she cannot recognize herself in the mirror. Which movie?? :P

Delhi-6 too.

3- If you had to be in a movie or a scene that you would want really really to be something that happened in real life, which would that movie or scene be and which character would you be?

A. I'd want to be Gabbar. As a kid I assigned characters of Thakur, Samba, and Kalia to my Grandpa, mom n V and rattled "arre o Samba, kitne aadmi the?" and to Thakur (much to my grandpa's irritation "ye haath mujhe de de, Thakur" and 'tera kya hoga kalia.'

ETA :: Ok I dint read the 'happened in real life part'. If thats the case then I'd want to be Akash in DCH.

4- Write three songs that would tell me what you lovvvvvvvvvve to do in your spare time...

A. They haven't yet written songs about Facebooking, no?

My three songs :

Chal akela, chal akela, chal akela... Taking the literal meaning of course - Go for a walk all alone.

Kitabein bahut si padhi hogi tumne - reading Kitabein, not faces.

Chale jaise hawayein - Sit on my terrace and facing the cool breeze.

5- Name a movie you actually thought was better than the book or atleast did justice to the book...

A. None. Seen HP, Devil Wears Prada and trailors of Hello. Books beat them anytime.

6- You are on a desert island... you found the island genie who granted you on wish that he would bring one person to join you on your exile... You have told the genie who you want that to be... apparently the genie isn't all that magical... he went to get that person and you are waiting for the procrastinating genie to get back with that person... What song do you sing while you wait?

A. Objection, Your Honour! Invalid Question. I prefer silence to singing songs. :D Ok, ok, don't raise ur eyebrows - Maybe first I'll hunt for a masakalli, write a msg to that procrastinatin' genie and then sing "kabootar ja ja ja..."

7- One song on your IPOD/mobile that was a huge hit a few months/years ago and the radio stations used to play every hour and seem to have forgotten all about now that you tend to listen to often enough

A. From the movie Metro "In dino".... I loove the song. even when they played it on Mirchi every hr and even now.

8- One song that reminds you of somebody or a group of people... Do inform why it causes you to reminisce...

A. DCH title song. That was the song that we gals were singing while gng to Shantivan on ST (n we genuinely believed it was no less adventure than gng to Goa like the DCH trio)

9- The one movie you saw most recently and which lived upto all your expectations if not more...

A. Fluke by chance - it was ok. at least it wasn't disappointing, like the rest end up to be. Can I mention Zhopdi ka kutta karodpati too?

10- The one song you have heard atleast twice today... either on the radio or the cell or on TV...

A. Me Shingapur madhe aahe. So no routine TV /Radio or cell. Mickey mouse cartoon ka gana suna lekin.

Bonus Question: In view of today being Valentine's day... Well it was when I started thinking of this tag, type down song which is meant to be romantic, but the lyrics make you think otherwise (There are a lot of Govinda songs I know, but try to think of a song not many people would know or think of)

A. Beeeeee lated Valentine, I shall call it. :D ;) I have 2 songs lined up : a. you are my samosa, you are my masala dosa.... I guess it was some famine struck lyricist that penned them down.
n b. Maine paidal se ja raha tha unhe cycle se aa rahi thi. Kiya ting ting ka ishaara mujhe badnaam kiya na - fm Hero no.1 And this person must have been kicked out of transport sector before attempting to writing songs.

ETA :: again i dint read the bracketed info and I ended up with mentioning Govinda songs. Sorry, can't think of any... can't inflict anymore tortures on my CPU.

Fun, this tag! Loved it, Tj! Muaah... *waitin to get bk and chatter endlessly. Let's meet up soon*

8 comments:

  1. ok we it's hight time u try ur hands at poetry! TRY at least... let's see what u come up with, im sure it will be forgivably okay if not anything more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. me lauve this tag too.
    and for maybe 20 seconds, i was confused by WHICH of SRKs disasters u were referring to.. then the mirror showed me the sachchai! ;)

    as for 5... see LOTR. only movie i've seen that was worth seeing after having read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Shaili,
    done. whenever I write one, i'm not gonna put it on my blog... I'll send them to you and you can give me your honest opinion, ok?

    @ Rayshma,
    I couldn't bear to write the name of the movie, ga! yesterday ka IPL saw? SRK's team bit dust and how! LOL, i was celebrating yesterday, Delhi challengers ne mera revenge le liya. *oww, that was too off the mark*

    ReplyDelete
  4. nahi ga... i don't see IPL! :D
    and i have MUCH better things to do than see SRKs ugly mug on a lovely spring day! :D

    if i can't think of anything else to post... will take this tag up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Rayshma,
    I didn't see IPL either. This yr I did and I couldn't miss it when SRK was takin the beating. :D

    and DO the Tag! I'm waitin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Anyone ever told you you are very very funny! And maha entertaining :D

    Come back soon with more phunny posts

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ DDD,
    Yes, you did.. just now. :D. Denk yew!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sure! i'd love to... n im waitin for it :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, say it! I will not sue you... pinky promise!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails